Tuesday, June 2, 2009

boomerang

The price of being judgemental, for me, is the near-instant compassion rebound. I watched my friend's ex-husband leave the house for jury duty today and thought, "how would this feel to me?"

Life is complicated. I remember times when I felt so completely demoralized I could not move. I can remember times when I unhappy enough to be destructive and truth be told I live in fear of becoming completely superfluous.

What if things go wrong? What if I suddenly lose my way and shudder to a halt? What if my What if the things that led to this house running itself down with the passage of time start to happen to me? What if I suddenly find I can't move forward?

It's terrifying.

I hope and pray I can always find a way to be useful. I suppose that means I hope always to be included, somewhere. It's not a given, people do end up alone. I've seen proof of that and it looks pretty scary.

1 comment:

Paul J. Taylor said...

If neither Ottawa nor Austin end up being home, you could always come back here to Boston.