Thursday, March 24, 2011

yoga diary - entry 23

New Day, new lesson.

I tried to use my usual yoga class DVD this morning, only to find it would not work. At first I was disappointed and wondered what to do, then I decided to change my routine and try a class online.

Learned a lot.

The class I do is fairly rigorous but doesn't have much in the way of core development. The instructor is really gentle and calm and easy to follow but there are things I benefit from that are not in her style of teaching.

Trying a new class was easy. It made me feel good in a different way, it made me aware that I am getting good at that one class, not at yoga in general and I need to branch out.

Coincidentally, things seem kind of screwy with work today. I can't find the company website online at all which makes me think something odd is going on. One must always guard against becoming paranoid so, ok - no paranoia but after I cleared my history I found I was no longer on the Linkedin group either. Is this because I expressed my lack of expertise in the discussion about establishing a green waste standard yesterday? Is the fact that my very modest paycheck seems not to be forthcoming after all tied into this? Or is it all part of the usual one-day-after-red-tide gloom interpretation that I've noticed is a fact of life for me as of about six months ago?

It's awfully difficult to function without a net.

When things go wrong, it's important to always have the means to turn to something else and benefit from that.

I need to learn not to attach to one project but to remember that I am a writer, that's what I am. And I need to develop that because ultimately, that is what is going to make me good at what I do, that is what will carry me where I need to go and that is who I am.

Lesson? Expect change. Be mindful, adaptable and have a core that is not broken by the removal of any one piece of life.

No comments: