Wednesday, January 19, 2011

yoga diary day two

It's been sixteen consecutive days I've been doing yoga in the morning.

Things seem to be going better - change is stirring/ My posture is improved. I can't, literally can not eat as much junk as I used to. And I am (maybe foolishly) trusting myself to proceed at my own pace. Which is slower than most people, I admit.

Today, I have two things to work on - the search for work and my art proposal. They'll take the whole day.

That's ok with me. Time is passing. This is just a note to mark a place. It is a place to say there are shifts occurring and nobody is more surprised about that than me.

If you've ever felt the urge to do yoga? Listen to it. You can use a DVD to start, you don't have to be a member of the beautiful yoga people, Lord knows I'm not.

I have a DVD from a studio in NYC and one from California, I think and I am going through a beginner's daily flow practice every single day. I'm finding it just as beneficial as my studio membership in Austin, maybe more so. I practice before breakfast, I spend an hour at it and I can tell I have a long way to go but even in 16 days, I think I've come further than I expected.

Back to breakfast and work.

No comments: