Thursday, October 13, 2011

The New Normal

I've closed this blog to anyone who isn't invited to read it. At first, I thought doing this would feel limiting. In fact, it has made me feel like writing more regularly. In the time since I last wrote, one of my boyfriend's former girlfriends, sought out this blog and used it to embarrass me. Truth is, I was forming a habit of saying too much. The way I saw it, online I am nobody - a random entity with a random name that would not arouse interest from anyone unless I specifically directed them here. The truth is, people are curious and will use whatever they find, whenever they find it if they feel wounded by circumstance or by someone else - anyway, it's just better not to have my life open to those who would do me harm. (and shockingly, they are out there. Wish I'd never learned that.) So, there's news and plenty of it. I've married a man in New England and so, I suppose, everything has changed. I wake up in the morning every day now with this new and precious aspect of my life firmly in place. I know, private or not, he doesn't want me to elaborate on our relationship in print but marriage is what it is and we have married. Maybe that's enough said, right there. So from here on, this blog is private. If I don't know you, you're not here and I am not a random cipher. That's going to take a bit of getting used to. For now, I think I'll go back to the bedroom and wake my new husband to start our day.

No comments: