Saturday, May 14, 2011

Morning

The sun woke up and so did I.

Getting my bearings in a new place means inviting light in, almost invariably, and this is no different. Here I am in a new place, trying to maintain someone else's privacy and, if anything, even more aware of the need and the value of being as true to myself and as honest on the page as possible.

After all, if I can't do it in this limited forum then what chance does my poetry have? It suffered so much for that while I was in another relationship - won't go there again.

It is just after 6:00 am. I've made a little spot in the wide, brick sill of one of these windows so I can sit and write and look out at the river, such as it is.

The river here has been lined in concrete, walls raised, 400 per cent over its natural walls, it is a wide, shallow basin, like a drain for the water of the river that really should be touching the soil. But it still does make that lovely sound.

It's interesting to me how two people can be so dissimilar and yet so complimentary. I'm very glad to be here, there's lots to do, lots that needs my doing it.

In all likelihood, I should leave it at that for now and go back to bed for a while which is what I'll do.

No comments: