Saturday, September 19, 2009

Me-vision.


This is a close-up of a vinyl sofa I took while I was waiting for my ex to shop for tea. There was a series of these but most of them have been lost along the way. My ex shopped like a California trophy-wife.
I thought the details of that sofa were highly suggestive and wanted to shoot them in a way that would convey their erotic qualities.
My ex thought that was a warped way of thinking about a sofa - or anything. He wanted me to stop it. Ironically, he was, for the most part, all hands all the time - he practically drooled over me, it was repugnant.
I think different ways of looking at the same world make life more interesting. Seeing this sofa in this way is not a personality trait of which I am ashamed. I don't like the fact that we have to pretend the whole world is rated pg. I'm happy to be an adult and I don't think sex is creepy or shameful. For the most part, I think it's healthy.
If, like my IKEA sniffing friend (see deciphering IKEA) or my lacivious ex, you think there's something wrong with me for being me and you feel compelled to try to pressure me into being another kind of person or tell me I don't have the right to take a picture, think a thought or express myself on my own blog- you need to go away. It's a big wide web. I am not objective. I see things the way I see them and I hope you do too.

No comments: