Monday, August 24, 2009

Austin Pictures

So far, nobody has been able to tell me what these flowers are the answers I get are "sun loving" "ubiquitous," "orange" and "hardy." I like them anyway.










This is a common chain of grocery stores here. The name gave me pause.




A corridor at the Blanton Gallery at UT Austin.









Grackle.










Giant star and unabashed love for Texas - both absolutely typical of the place and both loveable I think.



Terrazzo floor at the Bob Bullock Museum of Texas History








Driving down Congress.




Downtown Mission-style architectural detail















Dry Creek.













Humid palm.




Austin likes neon


















the black smudges are bats. (more bat pictures next time)








River palette















more neon - this time for pizza.







No comments: